2 Things to know about me.
1) I love Fall
2) I love baking in the Fall
Today, however, it was 82 degrees outside. According to the 10-day forecast, I'm looking at least 10 more days of 80-something-degree weather.
Despite the forecast, I've caught myself doing "fall things" lately. I think somewhere deep down, my subconscious genuinely believes that if I start wearing leggings, baking delicious Fall treats, and lighting my "hot-apple-cider" scented candles around the apartment, that I may be able to trick Mother Nature into thinking Fall is here, so she can adjust the temperature accordingly.
So, this afternoon, I decided to bake muffins! Although the weather hasn't yet adjusted despite my desperate attempts to alter it with the flick of my whisk, I thought you all might enjoy the delicious recipe I pieced together!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Whole Wheat Muffins:
I know, I know...that sounds like a mouthful. But trust me, once your mouth is full of the concoction detailed below, you won't want it any other way!
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup boiling water
**Will also need cupcake liners for baking
Preparation
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in oats, raisins, and chocolate chunks.
- Combine liquid ingredients: milk, oil, vanilla, and egg in separate bowl
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in boiling water (make sure you don't use any more than 1/2 cup boiling water to avoid melting the chocolate!). Let batter stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar on top of each muffin-to-be. (If you do not have pre-mixed cinnamon sugar, just mix 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon).
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
When cooled, remove wrapping and take a big bite out of this delicious savory snack - you deserve it!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Whole Wheat Muffin
Here's to hoping fall arrives soon!
Bon Appétit!
No comments:
Post a Comment